Banned
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Misunderstanding Tipografi

Salam Kawan-kawan,
    Seeing http://vectorise.net/forums/download...o=file&id=1208 , Dr. Mohd Zamri Murah, the owner of http://www.jawiware.org/ has just emailed me
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    shukran ya syeikh

a few info

JAKIM menggunakan mushaf madinah ( khat uthman taha) sebagai khat official untuk cetakan quran di Malaysia. Oleh itu, mungkin sukar mendapat kelulusan JAKIM untuk mencetak quran menggunakan khat lain.
    khat mushaf madinah sudah di verify kesahihan, sementara khat lain perlu di teliti untuk pastikan tiada missing baris/titik/huruf dll. Isu cetakan quran adalah satu yg rumit.
    JAKIM dalam menulis khutbah jumaat menggunakan font jawi(a), jawi berasaskan Arabic Typesetting, tapi ia tidak berasaskan unicode. Thus, bila copy-paste, aat Quran lari atau tidak seragam. Kemungkinan untuk JAKIM menggunakan font lain adalah kecil.
    saya melihat font ini digunakan untuk "special purpose", wedding invitation, banner, etc, but not as regular font use in corresponding.
    many of the Jawi khat online that I saw is done using illustrator or adobe design, meaning any design tool can be used to design Jawi khat.

In short,

it is a beautiful font, I just cannot see it being use locally because the Jawi users have already been "terikat" using existing Jawi(a) font or Arabic Typesetting. It will be a tough sell to ask anyone to use it.
    The software QB may have appeal to khat writer, but again, alternative exist. Most khat writer will write khat handwriting, then scan, than use design programs to modify or make beautiful the khat. No program can capture the beauty of handwritten khat.
    Thus, the appeal for this QB program is limited to people who like to have one quick khat, not professional khat writer. Again, tough sell.

In conclusion,

it is a beautiful product. Syeikh telah spend many years perfecting it, and it is beautiful and excellent.
    It is just very difficult to sell this type of product because of above mention matters; Jawi people already have their font to write Jawi, so why bother; the Quran printing must be based on madinah mushaf to be approved; QB has a small market such as students or people who need to write khat ( printing house?).

shukran.

zamri

----------------
    And in reply, I have just emailed him this
    ---------------------------------
    Assalamualaikum dan Salam sejahtera

Terima Kasih Dr. Mohd Zamri Murah for http://www.jawiware.org/ and many thanks for the elaborated feedback.

Point by point, we would like to say:

> ... JAKIM menggunakan mushaf madinah ...

@1. Can you say that JAKIM never published any Mushaf before Mushaf Madinah?!
    @2. Has JAKIM ever published Mushaf dengan Terjemahan dalm Tulisan Jawi?!

> ... Isu cetakan quran adalah satu yg rumit.

@1. But We did make khat Mushaf Madinah dinamik for educational purposes
    @2. With QB Tools, there is no room for misspelling or missing any baris/titik/huruf/ dll. Still, it is up to JAKIM to verify it.

> JAKIM dalam menulis khutbah jumaat menggunakan font jawi(a)....

@ Is JAKIM willing to explore a complimentary copy QB unicode Fonts?

> saya melihat font ini digunakan untuk "special purpose”..

@ QB fonts are too expensive-looking for on-the-fly correspondence

> ... any design tool can be used to design Jawi khat.

@ You know well that Illustrator & indesign and other Adobe products are powerless to fly high Jawi scrpit

> ... Jawi users have already been "terikat" Jawi(a) font or Arabic Typesetting.

@ That’s because they have no alternative and you do not encourage to explore more

> The software QB may have appeal to khat writer...

@ Maryamsoft is willing to pay-n-QB the handwriting of any Malaysian as long as it has Malay, Chinese, or Indian flavor

> ... Syeikh telah spend many years perfecting it, and it is beautiful and excellent.

@ Jawi worth more. Kalau menggenggam bara biar sampai jadi abu?!
    @2. So, why are you still reluctant to explore it though we gifted you a copy of it?!

> ... QB has a small market such as students or people who need to write khat

@ I think you misunderstood QB fonts & functions
    @ Different people have different tastes, so, please let them choose their bites

Semoga Bermanfaat & Selamat Maju Jaya

Yours for good projects.

AzizMostafa AzizAli

Banned
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Misunderstanding Tipografi

shukran syeikh for lively discussion. More info for discussion.

> ... JAKIM menggunakan mushaf madinah ...
    @1. Can you say that JAKIM never published any Mushaf before Mushaf Madinah?!
    JAKIM never published mushaf. Any publisher who want to published and sell quran need to get their quran verified by JAKIM. ( there is a unit in JAKIM that approve those who want to print and sell quran.) Prior, many quran were printed in Pattani, using mushaf madinah. Currently, many quran were published locally by local publisher using mushaf madinah. Again, before the quran is sold to the public, JAKIM need to approve the printed version.

What happen, sometimes, during printing, some words are missing, titik, etc. I have seem copies of blank pages and missing ayat on some quran shown during an exhibition.
    the current mushaf madinah is not being sold here in malaysia. If you go umrah, then you can buy a copy at madinah.

There are another mushaf, called mushaf malaysia by yayasan restu. Yayasan restu allo print and sell quran. But the khat is different from mushaf madinah.
    @2. Has JAKIM ever published Mushaf dengan Terjemahan dalm Tulisan Jawi?!
    It used to print tafsir al-quran pimpinan al-rahman, with terjemah by Abdullah bismieh in Jawi. But, that was long long time ago. I believed the last edition is printed sometimes in 1980. ( Only allah know)

> ... Isu cetakan quran adalah satu yg rumit.
    @1. But We did make khat Mushaf Madinah dinamik for educational purposes
    agree.
    @2. With QB Tools, there is no room for misspelling or missing any baris/titik/huruf/ dll. Still, it is up to JAKIM to verify it.
    again, the tool is useful for quran printer.
    say, I write a book and need to include some quran verse. What are my options? The suggested way is to use a software from KFQPC, that allow you to copy and paste a portion of ayat into your book. The software is downloadable from the Internet.
    KFQPC = King Fard Quran Printing Complex
    The second option is to used specialized software such as QB. So, the user will be ustaz or book publisher.
    The third option is to copy-paste from images of mushaf. Such images is available from KFQPC.

> JAKIM dalam menulis khutbah jumaat menggunakan font jawi(a)....
    @ Is JAKIM willing to explore a complimentary copy QB unicode Fonts?
    most probably, try browse JAKIM websites and contact the right person.

> saya melihat font ini digunakan untuk "special purpose”..
    @ QB fonts are too expensive-looking for on-the-fly correspondence
    agree. QB is a beauty. exquisite.

> ... any design tool can be used to design Jawi khat.
    @ You know well that Illustrator & indesign and other Adobe products are powerless to fly high Jawi scrpit
    true, many khat writer still use hand for writing khat.

> ... Jawi users have already been "terikat" Jawi(a) font or Arabic Typesetting.
    @ That’s because they have no alternative and you do not encourage to explore more
    agree. however, the Jawi users are small, and even smaller if you consider those who write Jawi daily or exclusively.

> The software QB may have appeal to khat writer...
    @ Maryamsoft is willing to pay-n-QB QB the handwriting of any Malaysian as long as it has Malay, Chinese, or Indian flavor
    sorry syeikh, I miss the point here.

> ... Syeikh telah spend many years perfecting it, and it is beautiful and excellent.
    @ Jawi worth more. Kalau menggenggam bara biar sampai jadi abu?!
    @2. So, why are you still reluctant to explore it though we gifted you a copy of it?!
    again, back to usage. I rarely write Jawi except for research. I read Jawi manuscript, but when I write Jawi, I just uses existing tools or fonts. Reason being, others would have the same fonts and the documents would look the same.

It human nature in business and psychology. People have the tendency not to change, using old tools or fonts, as long as it help them do their job. In business , they have something called "value". Customer attach "value" to certain things, and they buy items that have those "value". Manufacturer and user have different "values" for the same thing.

People see thing or value thing differently.
    They would change and switch tools only if the new tools offer much better value to themselves. Analogy is toothpaste, (this is an example, syeikh!). you rarely change toothpaste unless the new toothpaste have better value. The new toothpaste can be you look younger, sexier and make your teeth whiter at the same price as the old toothpaste.

Why am I reluctant to use it? because the tools and the fonts that I have is good enough for what I am doing. Moreover, I am not a heavy Jawi user. I read Jawi, but I rarely write Jawi in letter. I should write more Jawi, I know, but I didn't.
    Many of the Jawi projects I involved, I just used times new roman, or arabic typesetting or other unicode arabic fonts. Not all are perfect, but they are good enough for my purposes.

> ... QB has a small market such as students or people who need to write khat
    @ I think you misunderstood QB fonts & functions
    @ Different people have different tastes, so, please let them choose their bites
    agree. QB is an excellent product. I would give it 6 stars if the rating is only 5 stars!.

I get involved in commercialization of products at the university. They normally asked us to answer these questions before we try to commercialize our products;
    > what value do you offer to the customers ( reduce time, get thing done, reduce cost, etc)
    > what problem your product solve ( time, cost, complexity)
    > how is your product differ from alternative products( price, support, etc)
    > who is your target customers/users
    > what is your channel of distributions?
    if you can satisfy the questions, then you are good to go. if not, you need some more works.
    again, QB is an excellent product. It just need the right channel or promotion or etc to make it in the market. Of course, I believe, syeikh already have all figure out!
    shukran, for reading my rambling.
    zamri
    http://www.jawiware.org/
    =

Salam
    Skipping the points you thankfully have agreed with, and reordering the rest,

> JAKIM need to approve the printed version.
    @ Selamat Maju Jaya kepada you, Jakim and
    http://www.nst.com.my/news/2015/09/p...site%C2%A0?d=1

> Yayasan restu print and sell quran
    @ Late 2011, I visited YR, but I found no programmer nor tipografer

> the Jawi users are small, and even smaller if you consider those who write Jawi daily..
    @ Sadly

> I rarely write Jawi except for research.
    Have you explored my Bunga Jawi?! (attachment)
    @ Rewording that point: Maryamsoft is willing to pay any Malaysian who is willing to convert his own exculsive Jawi handwriting into QB font, being orang Melayu, Cina atau Mama :

> People have the tendency not to change, using old tools or fonts, as long as it help them do their job.
    As you replied:
    Why am I reluctant to use QB? because the tools and the fonts that I have is good enough for what I am doing... I just used times new roman, or arabic typesetting or other unicode arabic fonts.

> I get involved in commercialization of products at the university...
    QB Frequently asked Questions?

> what value do you offer to the customers ( reduce time, get thing done, reduce cost, etc)
    Instead of monkeying around with the text tools of Indesign, Illustartor, Corelderaw or photoshop, they can make use of windows nortpad or Mac text pad. QB.pdf says it all.

> what problem your product solve ( time, cost, complexity)
    @ All: Time, cost and complexity

> how is your product differ from alternative products( price, support, etc)
    Though QB is incomparable with Tasmeem of winsoft that needs the Ghoul Adobe Indesign
    http://store.winsoft-international.c...full-pack.html , it is much more smaller in size , more friendly to use and thus faster and easier to learn. Just like comparing Jawi vs Rumi:
    Rumi = 52 standalone letterforms (A-Z and a-z) that just go side by side and create rivers (gaps)
    Jawi = 19 letterforms that go tari menari with free star-like dots.

> who is your target customers/users
    @ (High) Schools, Grafik Designers and art-loving people.

> what is your channel of distributions?
    @ Online Marketing
    Pay and download through : http://maryamsoft.com/download/
    Activation code http://maryamsoft.com/ActivationCode/
    AzizMostafa AzizAli
    http://QalamBartar.com/

Just Register
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

charming booth design effect pics, i am glad to share it with you all

check more exhibition design case from demage exhibition company
    Last edited by sharonlee; 12-21-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Banned
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Banned
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for sharing with Flowers http://www.sistemguruonline.my/2016/...jawi-oleh.html
    More http://www.khtt.net/page/30438
    Happy exploring

+ Reply to Thread